What's the best free Office suite?

It's been asked before but what is the best free Office suite to download?

Best Answer

Hi. The good news is there are a few ways You COULD actually test out the features of the most popular ones without actually going through installing them and uninstalling them.

The better news is that there are a LOT of videos available showing reviews of each of them if You can tweak the search terms well.

The even better news than that is that with so many available videos about how to use all the "expert features" of MS office, You can easily test out the fancier stuff You want to do on the freeware versions too.

Now : The best way to test out the freeware versions without installing is by temporarily running a bootable linux CD/DVD OS (won't affect Your Windows installation if used in "live mode" & You just stick to the Office testings) that has the free versions pre-installed.

I know that some versions come with the highly recommended Linux Mint, some with Ubuntu, & still others with what I use - Puppy linux. Puppy allows Me to basically one-click install any of LibreOffice, OpenOffice or WPS Office anytime I feel like it, & I use a save-to DVDR so it will remain installed whenever I use that DVD to boot Puppy from. I also know that Fatdog64 comes with one of them ready to run & it fits on a blank CDR for 20 cents.

Check out www.distrowatch.com & look at the pre-installed packages lists to see which linux versions have what office suite. And Puppy also comes with some pre-installed useful software for some of the things Office suites do as well, including Abiword, Calc, & Geany., with another one-click option to install Scribus - all freeware (GNU license).

Otherwise check here for some useful reviews start tweaking the terms, I'm sure You'll find plenty to watch ... but since they're free You also have the more complicated option of running a virtual machine OS to try out the linuxes OR to use a scrap Windows installation to install & test each one on before a final decision to Your main OS.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=free+...

G'Luck!!!

Libre office for windows , Mac or Linux

• keerok

LibreOffice or OpenOffice.

open office suite is the best as free software!

• Dick

Open Office is Free. Give it a try.

• George

It's too difficult to say best because it depends on what your needs are.

OpenOffice/LibreOffice are good alternatives to the MS Office suite. They're free and open source and mostly compatible with MS Office documents.

• Hi MoP, Just wanted to let You know that there's a fully "portable" version of one of the office suites available at www.pendriveapps.com for future postings.

It's in the PDF tools word processors category - OpenOffice portable.

• Jim

Open Office........