Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 month ago

Just wondering bass on my boyfriend and I ethnicity background is our child going to be considered white or mixed?

Boyfriend is from Nevada born and raised he said he’s English and Native American he said he doesn’t know how far back it goes because his grandmother is adopted and that’s all I know. Both his parents have blonde hair blue eyes he came out with dark hair blue eyes. I’m Italian from my mom and from my dad his father is Ukrainian Russian his mom is Puerto Rican. I did my ancestry dna rest awhile ago it shows I’m 94-95 percent caucasian. I do have 1 percent Native American that could range from 0-3 percent but it’s always stood 1 percent even with the update. Lastly I have Africa 3 percent but ranges from 0-4 percent Cameroon, Congo, & Southern Bantu Peoples then 1 percent Mali. Yeah all together that’s 4 percent before the update it was 5 percent before I had two other regions before but they disappear and besides all that I had 3 percent North Africa that also disappeared. I think the Africa is mainly coming from the Portuguese and Mediterranean background after really researching 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

    DNA tests offered through Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage, etc. test for genetic markers found in various human populations. Your results are based upon the company's database. Test with a different company, your results may be very different.

  • 1 month ago

    Your boyfriend is an American by birth. The adoption of his Grandmother means little, nor does the color of hair and eyes. You did not indicate your place of birth so I cannot be determined that you Nationality, your ethnicity is mixed (obviously). What you think or believe about your ethnicity is not how Genealogy is researched. Any children you might have would be of mixed.ethnicity.

    Source(s): Genealogical researcher 50+ years and Degrees in Anthropology and History
  • Kevin7
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    All people on Earth are "mixed" to some degree.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Nothing at all to do with genealogy which is about researching dead ancestors....... so you are both American, having a child in the US, the kid will be American

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    Genes are not as cut and dried as, for instance, paint. A pint of blue and a pint of yellow will give you a quart of green, every time. Two humans? We can't tell. Maybe, maybe not. Love the child and teach him/her how to deal with asshats is all we can say.

  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Scientifically, all humans are the same race.

    Ethnicity is not about genetics, and there's no predicting which half of your genetics you will pass on to a baby.

    If both parents are white, chances are (over 99 % that) the baby will be white.

    If both parents speak nothing but American English, the child will be Anglo.

    If you don't speak Italian Ukrainian or Russian, you are NOT ethnically Italian, Ukrainian or Russian yourself

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    based on what you say , you should both take a DNA genetics test . ancestry.com , 23 and me .com , etc

    • kristin
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

      It sounds like they already did. They are confusing ethnicity with nationality. Nationality is where you hold citizenship, either through birth or naturalization. Ethnicity deals more with the culture you identify with.

  • 1 month ago

    IF he cannot prove Native American ancestry it would not be considered a Native American.

    • kristin
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

      Start looking for grandma's CDIB card. If she has one, it will say which tribe she is a member. However, that does not make boyfriend a Native American; just someone with Native American ancestry.

  • 1 month ago

    It's going to be your child. Do labels really matter?

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    "bass" makes no sense in that context.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.