Emma asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationCamping · 3 months ago

Getting to campsite without car?

My and some friends wanted to go camping but have to walk as not all of us have bikes, the GPS says to walk along a highway but that seems dangerous, any tips on what we should do?

Never heard of the new fangled thing called a bus?

If u live in the U.S then you can't walk or ridding bicycle on the highway.... I am assuming when u say bike u mean bicycle not a motorcycle.  This happened to me once, I asked one of my friend to drop me off but he wasn't free, so i called a uber and had the uber dropped me off. But u do need to know where the uber should drop u off so u guys don't have to walk on the highway. Do not walk on the highway, it's illegal, it is unsafe to you as well as to the drivers on that highway, it could startled the cars on the highway as most drivers don't expect to see Pedestrians on a highway, they might make an emergency sudden stop as force of habit then cause accidents. 

• Jerry

Choose colors that make you highly visible from all directions.

Walk facing traffic, single file.

If it's night, add lights and reflectors that make you more visible.

Also at night, use flashlights so that you can see where you're putting your feet and avoid stepping into holes &c.

Without a car it looks like you may have to walk or catch a ride with friends.

Without transportation I would try to camp close to civilization in case of a

accident or sickness.

Could you rent a moped?

• Eva

Look at a map. Try Mapquest or google, expand the map, and find an alternate route.

• Olive

Maybe theres some trails thru the woods could go through or any shortcuts that someone may know of