Jesus asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 4 weeks ago

Why is mexico so screw up and poor? ?

First of all, I know mexico is a very nice country but how come it’s so unfair with their citizens? I mean, so much Mexicans cross the borders to get to the USA because no opportunity, no well paying jobs, no support for their government  etc... can’t going to school in Mexico and graduate help out or something? seems like Mexicans complain a lot of being born there. 

I’m not even going to ask about the violence since USA is very violent here too. 

Just curious. 

Mexico is not that poor. It's got quite a large GDP. The main problem in Mexico is the very high birth rate- close to the highest in the world. So no matter how much they increase the GDP, it gets divided up among more and more people every year. Meanwhile, immigration from Mexico has slowed to a trickle. The current immigrants are mostly from Honduras and Guatemala, which really are poor countries.

• Rick

The central government AND the local governments are corrupt ................

Corruption enabled by poor education, which becomes self sustaining. Dont listen to people who blame socialism, race, whatever. In areas with poorly funded science, math, and literature programs you get people who elect leaders who steal from them.