Can he tell I'm into him and did he reject me?

I volunteer at the zen center. A guy that think is cute messaged and see regularly me last week and asked me I'd like to join him and a few other friends from the center for a dance event in the park over the weekend. I said I was down to go thinking maybe he likes my vibe is interested in getting to know me more.

The event was an instructional dance class. You get to dance with a lot of partners. There were 5 of us from the center that went (2 guys and 3 girls). I noticed it was easier for him to grab one of the other 2 girls to dance, he never really gravitated towards me as a partner. We did dance with each other a few times and he said "so you must be good at dancing right? it seems like you like to dance". He also said it was cool how I was really open to go and dance with new partners. Okay, cool? Couldn't tell if he was nervous around me or not.

After the event we all grabbed lunch nearby. When we were all parting ways he said he was going to the bookstore across the street. Shortly after parting ways I decide to go to the bookstore. I find him, ask him if he wanted to smoke a j with me in the park before I went home. He said he doesn't smoke. I say oh (it's awkward). He says I can hang with him the bookstore. I ask him if he wants company and he says "meh, I'm fine either way". I eventually left & just waved goodbye.

Would he have wanted to continue to hang with me if he was interested? Perhaps I read the situation wrong and he just sees me as a friend?

Best Answer

Hi,

It's hard to say for sure because of the mixed signals. To be fair, that is a good thing he is doing if he wants to get you thinking about him (which you clearly are, haha).

However, I would say he think's you're cute but he doesn't place you as a 'priority' on his scale. He probably would be interested romantically but he's not head over heels for you, if you see what I mean.

This is because, he think's you're attractive/cool enough to invite out to that dance event on the weekend. But he isn't pushing too hard to spend time with you alone.

If he was massively into you, he likely would have taken you up on the offer to go to the park. If a confident guy (which he sounds like he has some confidence) likes a girl, he isn't going to let a duby stop him from getting closer to her.

If he liked you that much, and was against smoking, he would have offered an alternative or gone along but refused to smoke anything.

He did offer the alternative in the way of hanging out at the bookstore, but his response of 'meh' was either to try and increase your attraction for him (which is an ego-boost) or because his attraction for you (at the moment) isn't high enough yet for him to push to spend time with you.

He doesn't seem to be nervous about spending time with you, so it is probably unlikely that he was just nervous and 'blew his chances' by saying some stupid s**t.

He can probably tell you're into him, based more on the fact of what your actions have said... you agreed to meet at the dance event and you followed him over to the bookstore and then invited him out somewhere else.

You've done all you can do, you've shown up and put yourself into his orbit: if he likes you, it's his job to ask you out now. Don't take it personally if he doesn't.

I would keep my options open now, don't put him (or anyone) on a pedestal. By doing this you don't 'suffer' by having the emotional attachment and you don't close yourself off to other possible ventures with other guys; guys who will probably value you higher on their 'priority' scale too! And with people like that, who are excited to see you/be with you, things will flow so much more easily and effortlessly.

Good luck!

• Thank you for the 'Best Answer' and five star rating! I appreciate it!

It's possible. Hope he's using a penis health creme to ensure that he's clean, healthy and hygienic! Good luck lady.

• If you arent his primary type physically, then you HAVE to be more forward and direct with him. I am a 6'8 plus sized brown woman, who is interested 6'0'-6'4 muscular white guys. Since a brown woman, who is taller older and heavier than him would not be on the top of the mind of some handsome muscular dude who has alot of options. I have to be more forward with events, prefferably something more one on one. You should be more forward, and communicate flirtatiously and then invite him a more one on one event

• Brian

It sounds like at least for now he views you as a friend perhaps because he doesn't know you well enough now to be more one on one with you. Offering him to toke up too might have been a turn off for him as well. Give it time and see what happens later on.