Joshua asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

My dog threw up twice it look like this are those worms in her is there medicine i can give her?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

There are no worms there. Your dog ate some grass, which dogs often do, in order to make herself vomit. That's nature's way of ensuring that dogs don't eat things which might do serious harm. It's no different than YOU taking something like ipecac syrup in order to make yourself vomit.

The only reason you should be concerned is if the dog continuously repeats this behavior over a period of several days. Then you should take her to the vet. But she doesn't have worms, at least not from what I see here.

• 4 weeks ago

The top one looks like a leaf & whatever the other stuff looks like a lump of something but I did not see any worms.

If you have not had the dog wormed, it would be a good idea to do so.  Schedule an appointment for a wellness check just to ensure the dog is healthy & nothing really wrong with it.  Get it wormed & its rabies if that is needed at this time too.  Start out with a clean sheet & know your dog is in good shape.

If you have any questions of the Vet, now would be a good time to ask him anything about your dog.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Give her whatever the Vet prescribes.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

She needs a vet

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Only a vet can help you with something like this. Worms can be serious, it's not a condition you want to treat by going to the pet store and picking up medication from their. Pet stores are not a doctors office and the employees are not veterinarians. Only a vet can run proper test to determine if your dog is ok and what medication he or she needs. 

• 4 weeks ago

You should have POKED thru it, to determine if there were worms. It doesn't look much like it, though. With all the BILE produced, it looks more like an empty stomach( and a dog feeling nauseous) who deliberately ingested a piece of pine straw or grass in order to vomit.

You NEVER give a dog any medicine, not suggested or approved -BY YOUR VET! You should not worm a dog, unless YOU KNOW the dog has worms & what type.

MANY over the counter wormers are cr@p, and will not kill, all types of intestinal worms. Any dog SO WORMY - they are vomiting INTESTINAL worms (rather than passing them in a stool) has a massive worm overload...and NEEDS => to see the vet.

• 4 weeks ago

Take your dog to the vet ASAP I would recommend

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.