Is it a mistake to drink coffee all day long or should you drink coffee only once in the morning?

There's nothing wrong with a few cups of coffee a day

Make a few pots in the morning, and down them all at once. That way you get enough energy for the day, without having to go out and get more every few hours. Yum!

I've drank coffee all day for years without any problems. I probably have a high tolerance to it now though. If you aren't used to drinking coffee it wouldn't be a good idea to drink it all day long - just 2-3 mugs a day would be more than enough.

The caffeine in coffee dehydrates you so drinking coffee all day is not good for you at all. If you only consume caffeine drinks without having enough water to hydrate you, you will actually get a lot more tired in the long run, You will also get muscle cramps, weakness, dizziness and headaches. It's ok to have more than one a day, maybe 2 or 3, but you should have AT LEAST 2 cups of water for each cup of coffee.

• Ray1 month agoReport

Yeah i do get tired so i keep drinking coffee thinking that it would wake me up or give me more energy. I'm going to cut back 100%

This is one thing you should do in moderation.Caffine and acidic stomach can be problems..

• Ray1 month agoReport

I been doing this for a few years. Am I going to die?

• David

Depends on your sensitivity / tolerance to caffeine. I only drink coffee in the morning unless I actually want to stay up all night.

Too much of a good thing -- is not good

i think it is cause it'll be harder to sleep later, i drink one or two a day and then quit

• ioerr

it's kind of acidic. if you drink a lot of it constantly, on an empty stomach, you can end up with gi problems

• Ray1 month agoReport

really? that worries me a little because i only drink on empty stomach.

It's possible to get too much caffeine but generally coffee isn't that bad for you, it's all the stuff that people put in it that is.  However different people tolerate coffee and caffeine differently.  Some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others and some people have a more sensitive stomach than others.  So if you are feeling jittery, have trouble sleeping, or if you have stomach issues cut back a bit but otherwise it is safe to consume all day long (for most people but like I said different people tolerate it differently).

• Ray1 month agoReport

Okay, I might just reduce it to only once in the morning. Because I drink it once in the morning and then 4-5 times later. Full cups of coffee. I do feel jittery. I thought that was a good thing to feel jittery.