Am i too old and intimidating to trick or treat?

To give some back ground info , I live in Britain and I am a 14 year old girl. My mum thinks that me being a teenager means I can't do halloween any more. This makes me upset as I love making my costume and getting sweets. I can understand that the idea of a teenager going to a door and asking for sweeties can be intimidating , however I'm nothing of the sort , along with my two friends who also are anything but intimidating. I've enjoyed trick or treating since I was little , and to think that I can't do it anymore makes me feel sad , because every one in my school year acts so grown up and I'm not , I want to savour the years that I can have fun , but maybe I am getting too old. Obviously my intent isn't to scare some poor lady , and I know how scary a group of adolescence is , that's why I am only going with two friends.I hate the unfair judgement on teenagers because I'm not a "roadman" i am always polite and all of my friends try to be respect full in public places. So am I too old , should I listen to my mother,  or should I have fun and enjoy these years of childhood that I have yet.

You are never too old to celebrate Halloween. I trick or treat until I was 15/16 years old. That’s only because I took my two younger cousins trick or treat.

• Alan H

You really ought to have moved on by now

Many children will find you overwhelming, and some elderly people could find you scary.

Also, you are personally at risk

That honestly does feel a little strange to me. Why does a 14-year-old need to hang out with 8-year-olds or steal any of their candy? How about attending a Halloween-themed-type party for teens, or throwing one at your house. If you like sweets and a lot of people do just buy them at the store or bake them at home.

Sure, you might as well watch cartoons and use the swings at the playground and let Mommy and Daddy read to you at bedtime later as well happy halloween

Age is no real.

I remember when I was in high school and when some girls in my class showed everyone the candy they got front trick or treating the night before everyone laughed at them because we were in the 9th grade. Yes it is too old, 12 is too old. Everything stops when you hit the big 10.

No ! You're not too old - you and your friends could trick or treat my house (if I lived there)I'm in America sorry . I don't think your too old to trick or treat, it's your child hood. Adulting sucks , enjoy being young while you can . I say dress up go out load up on candy and have a belly ache later - it's fun and free😘

• Dimples1 month agoReport

Load up on candy and get a bellyache? Lol dude she is 14, not 7, she's at an age where she should start learning to be responsible about her nutrition and could probably get pimples the next day. She needs to celebrate the season age-appropriately with other teens, not kids half her size and age.

• Joe

Go trick or treating !!   Go have fun !!  But remember to brush your teeth before bed.  You sound nice.  I'm sure you have a bright future.

• B

you and your chums go trick or treating until age 17

I realize know I thought being 14 made me older and I felt like I was practically an adult but really I was still a kid, you can go trick or treating, maybe take a young niece or nephew, you're right around the last year though probably, once you're in highschool a lot of people will tell you you're too old to trick or treat, and it wouldnt be worth the hastle