Who makes the best trigger locks for long guns, revolvers and semi-automatic pistols? And will a manufacturer key multiple locks the same?

I'm having some bureaucratic ''issues''.

Best Answer

Trigger locks are great for making a gun absolutely useless when you really need it. I had a pistol safe that opened with four quick numbers, and it worked great for awhile but then it would not open without a key! We now have a biometric safe that opens with a fingerprint which I hope works.

I'm not sure but I have seen locks that go through the mag and receiver in semi auto guns though

Trigger locks are a gimmick invented by gun haters. Even if you have kids - I would not trust a trigger lock - because kids are smart and will always, always figure out where you put the key.

If you only owned one gun - I suppose it would be ok if you had kids. Problem with trigger locks, besides the little b@stards finding your key - they wont stop your gun from being stolen or misused. Kids are really good cutting bike locks - trigger cable lock is a two second cut job for most teens.

Since you are asking about multiple - safe time. When I had little boys were did not have the money to drop on a safe that would hold all my guns. I scrimped, saved and did it anyway - because I remember quite well removing my dads pistol as a kid, taking it out shooting, cleaning it, putting it back ......and he had no clue. I got the big safe 1995 and I still have it.

And yes, you can buy all those locks and set them to one key. Most larger locksmiths can order the set for you. Nice thing about going through a locksmith - if you need to add 1 more in the future - they will do it cheaply.

If money is an issue - go store to store and take pics of the key numbers with your phone. Then when you find enough of one number - go buy them up.

Instead of a lock I would keep my guns in a child proof location and teach my kids how to

be safe around firearms. I do have a gun safe but I keep my guns for protection in a

responsible location.

• Gary

Guns are the most dangerous thing on earth.

• Adam D
      1 month agoReport

No Gary, stupid people are the most dangerous thing on Earth.

Master makes a very good one, combination access, fits most guns.

Understand, trigger locks have their down side.

Emergency, need it now, the stress factor will have you fidgiting with keys or forgetting combination numbers. 3/4 of a second is a game changer.

• daniel g
      1 month agoReport

Yea, I bought a lock once,,why, I will never know, never been used. Maybe a good idea at the time.