Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Why do French and Germans always lose wars ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Both nearly conquered all of Europe multiple times. It took the combined might of most of the developed world to stop them. Seriously. Germany crushed France in WWII but before that Napoleon was the Hitler of his age.

• STEPHEN
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Germany crushed France because most of the French senior officers had been junior officers in WW1 and did not want to see what they'd seen repeated.

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In the past Germany and France had vast colonial empires

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

France won the Franco--Prussian war. Napoleon almost conquered Europe. France, the US, Italy, and England won the Great War. Most aircraft the Allies used in that war were French. One gun the US used just prior to the war was French. The Saxons colonized most of early Europe. Curies and Becqueral discoverer natural radiation, Frederic Joliot-Curie was instrumental in theories that led to Atom Bomb which won WWII.

• armouror
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

I almost won 50,000 pounds on a horse race But i never bet on the Horse 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They don't. You are ignorant of history. Both countries came close to defeating all of Europe and more than once. The USA would not exist had France not stepped in an made that revolutionary war a success.

• armouror
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

I came close to winning 50,000 pounds on a horse race But i never bet on the Horse

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

"Always"?

Don't be absurd. Go and read a book or something.

• 1 month ago

Proud to be American it was the French who won the Revolutionary war for the Americans

USA lost the 1812 war Vietnam came in second in Korea

Please name any of the Gulf wars won to date Going Back 7 times indicates 6 losses and 17 years in Afghanistan is no Victory

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In recent decades you could ask that also about the USA. Vietnam, Somalia, Afghanistan etc, and the USA has just backed out of Syria, betraying its allies the Kurds.

Indeed if you look back at history, there are few parts of the world which have always "won" wars, or always "lost" wars. And note that the borders of all nations have changed hugely over the centuries. Most national borders in most parts of the world are less than 200 years old, thus to speak of French or German is often without meaning in historical terms.

• 1 month ago

Napoleon was one of the greatest generals in history.

• <so why did the Better General wellington beat him> Wellington was arguably better in 1815. But in 1805 I think that Napoleon would've wiped the floor with him.

• 1 month ago

Bad leadership at the Command and Control

level.

• Troy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They wouldn't exist if they always lost wars. As it is they are very powerful nations economically, militarily, and socially.

• 1 month ago

"Always" is incorrect .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.