Can I remove cement out of a mold once it’s dry?

Probably a dumb question but I wanted to make my own walkway using a “walk maker” mold and since it doesn’t cover the bottom, I wanted to know if I apply the cement into the molds and it’s dry, could I remove the stones individually or does it stick to wherever it’s been placed? Any tips on how I should do this correctly or what I should apply before hand so they’re able to be removed? 

Hope I make sense :) thank you

• roger
    4 days ago

You   can  lubricate the  mold  first.    I  would  use   spray   non-stick cooking  oil (like  Pam).    Use a  cheap one  you  are not  going to  eat it...

Check out this website https://qvbuilding.com

It is always a good idea to lubricate the mold to make removal easier. Also you can pour the individual pieces in place so you don't have to worry about the bottom of each piece. Also by pouring them in place the bottom of the piece automatically conforms to the soil be low it.

• Spock (rhp)
      4 weeks agoReport

lubing the mold is critical to getting to mold off easily. Used motor oil is what I always used -- wonderif there's a more environmentally friendly product these days

• chris

You could lay down a piece of plastic (cheap painters plastic) and do the molds over them. Then, even if the plastic sticks, it' not a big deal. (honestly, it should not stick unless you use some type of bonding agent)