Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Caramel Sauce vs Caramel Syrup ?

I just started working in a coffee shop. One of our mochas calls for chocolate and caramel. When I see my coworkers make the drink, some of them use the chocolate sauce and the caramel sauce, others will use the chocolate sauce and caramel syrup. What's the difference and how do I know when to use which one? And which one should we be using hot coffee and iced coffee?

P.S. We have two managers and one of them one uses the caramel sauace, the other uses the syrup. So even if there isn't a definite answer, what's your recommendation? 

ask your coworkers why they use different things. NO ONE on here will know the answer because most likely NO ONE on here works where you do.

This is something the people you work for should be asked. If they, however, make the same drink using two different things then I think it's fairly safe for you to do the same thing. Why wouldn't you ask them why they use what they use? I don't have any recommendation. I don't take caramel of any kind in my coffee. Even if I did recommend one, the next person who answers might recommend the other and then you're right back where you started.

I drink coffee black so this isn't a personal answer but I would think the flavored SYRUPs would be stronger and incorporate into cold and hot drinks better. I'd use syrup to flavor the coffee itself, and only the sauce on top of whipped cream if they were having a fancy drink loaded with stuff on top. Like when they make designs on top.

STOP with the tasty additives!  Now you made me crave mocha and I will have to jump in my car and drive to the nearest coffee shop. This will further melt the icebergs and destroy the world in a flood of water! 

• Katie

The customer will usually say which they want.

• 2 months agoReport

They just ask for caramel. They don't know the difference. I don't know the difference... that's why I asked the question.