Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Russia · 10 months ago

Is Russia a safe place to visit? I'd like to travel there and go on Trans-Siberian railway from even though I'm Australian. Would it work?

I'm sure you'll meet new friends on Trans-Siberian railway, as mostly the train full of Americans, Germans, Chinese and other foreigners. Russians are minority there)

78/100 I think in the Russia will be cold for you (and I lifing in the Russia)

No less your country.

Would better to prepare to language barrier.

• ?

Yes, of course you can go. There aren't a lot of tourists in Russia, except for the times cruise ships stop in St. Peterburg- but it is possible to get a tourist visa. I don't know what you mean by "safe". I was given a lot of warnings, especially in Moscow, and you have to be careful about taking taxis- get your hotel to call one for you.

• amy

atm I think so. I think the new cold war has mostly broken out in the rest of eastern Europe not russia. However Russia is now trying to wage war with America unless they fix it since they caused it. So if you want to go maybe now would a good time just in case.