Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Is it weird to meet guys/start talking to guys that go to my school online first rather than in person? ?

They’re guys that go to my school but is it weird to meet them thru social media or thru texting first before meeting them in person? 

• Jerry

You don't know whether you're going to hit it off with somebody until you meet that somebody face to face. No matter how much two people might THINK they're going to hit it off based on chatting and texting and phoning, the first 60 seconds of a face to face meeting can result in one or both people thinking "No way I want to hang around with this person!" So all that preliminary chatting and texting and phoning is fairly likely to be a waste of time. Why bother?

It's not "Let's invest hours in chatting to find our whether we want to meet" but "Let's meet to find out whether it's worth while to invest time in chatting." Of course maybe you have a lot of time on your hands and want to use chatting strangers as a kind of fidget spinner; that's your choice but don't be silly enough to confuse chatty games with real life interest.

No, that's actually very common in this day and age. So don't be against trying it.

I don't think it's weird at all. The internet can be a great way to communicate and get to know someone. Since you want to be with these guys, your success will eventually depend on how well you get along with them in person.

• Ana

If they’re in your league, it’s not weird at all.

If they’re above your league, then yeah it’s kind of weird because it’s like you know they’re too good for you, so you’re trying to do it online