What flooring is best for kitchen?

I live in New England. Too cold for tile in the wintertime and tile is very hard on the back.

I have used one piece sheet vinyl and love it for cleaning is easy and it is softer underfoot. But, I am thinking of replacing it with cork or oak. I do not like laminate flooring at all, so laminate tile or wood is nothing I would even consider.

We like the look of natural wood with a polyurethane sealant and the feel of heated ceramic tiles, so we have half and half, with the heated floor beneath the eat-in breakfast nook and wood in the cooking area.

I have used nothing but cork tiles in the four kitchens I've had in the last 50 years. Easy to mop clean, and the great advantage that if you drop a cup or a glass, it doesn't always break.

The best is linoleum. Single sheet off a roll.  The square tiles are yesteryear. Nobody does those anymore.  Ceramic tile are good (provided the floors are heated) otherwise they are hard on the back. while standing and ALL DISHES BREAK WHEN DROPPED ON TILE(and the tile may also break)

Tile is generally considered the best from a wear and tear basis plus it is easy to clean. The new vinyl plank is also a good choice because it is water proof but a bit softer than tile and easier to walk on.

Porcelain tiles is my choice. But many catering kitchens I design use vinyl sheet, welded and coved

Something you can properly clean spills off. Personally we too have linoleum, nothing soaks in and you can easily and efficiently sweep it or mop it.

The best is linoleum. It's expensive but very durable. After that, floor tiles.

Tiles as you need to mop and wash the floors often. So a floor that is good for water and easy to clean. Get a good smooth tile not porous