Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 month ago

What's the point of a disposal camera if you throw it away?

Never made sense to me. You take pictures with a disposal camera then throw it away when it's full. No one even gets to see the pictures. There's no way to upload them to a computer either. Is it for fun?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Its one of the only lasting cameras that use film still, take the film out and have it printed mate good luck

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Indeed no point at all if it is you who throws it away. But the throwing away is usually done my the lab which process the film, after the lab has extracted the film from the camera and processed and printed the film.

• Steven
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Digital or film, you take the camera back to the vendor for making prints, which could be a CD. 

• 1 month ago

Whew... I truly hope you are not THIS stupid. Are you? This being Yahoo Answers, you probably are this damn stupid.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hahaha!

Disposal cameras use film. After shooting the whole roll, you send the camera to a film lab for developing and printing. Way back when digital wasn't here yet and instant was too expensive, disposables were the way to go. You could even shoot weddings with it!

• Mmm J
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ah! I see what you did there. SO FUNNY!

The person who sold it to you, the company that manufactured the camera and the company or individuals that sourced the parts to the manufacturer made money.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Prior to smartphone cameras being so ubiquitous, people would buy disposable film cameras because they couldn't justify spending a few hundred on a point-and-shoot camera. One reason one would buy a disposable camera is that they don't own a film camera but need one for a one-time event. A very popular use would be to place a disposable camera on the various tables at a wedding reception of some other gathering.

Another reason to buy a disposable camera is if the camera is going to be used in an environment where it's likely that a regular camera would be damaged, lost or stolen.

No one sees the photos you say? No way to get the images onto a computer, you say? Well, that's simply ludicrous to say such a thing as getting the images scanned to a CD/DVD is practically automatic these days. Once on a CD/DVD, the images can be downloaded onto a computer and uploaded to social media or emailed to anyone you want.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

WADA..................

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, you hand in the camera when the film is finished.

The processor throws the camera away, develops the film, and gives the pictures back to you.

Anywhere that processes film can do this for you - some even burn the pictures onto a CD, if you ask nicely.

• 1 month ago

You’re supposed to take out the film and bring it to a store to have the pictures developed. Not everything is digital.

Police still used film to take pictures of a crime scene because the negative can’t be altered. If you use a digital camera, you can photoshop to your hearts content. With a negative, if you develop the picture, nothing will be altered.

Most professional photographers still use film because it’s the purest.

• John P
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

In Britain, over 10 years ago, there were protocols agreed by the police national about photography in the digital age, so that the possibility of Photoshop fakery could be avoided. I do not know if any British police forces are still using film. Film negatives are "printed", not "developed".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.