Why do Canadians live 4 years longer than U.S. Citizens?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Because they put the weak ones on an ice flow and dispose of them. That skews the statistics for the rest.

• 4 weeks ago

Because the air is fresher

• Jeff H
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

With basic health care covered by the Government Canadians are more likely to seek out health care sooner than people in the US where medical costs are the reason for the vast majority of personal bankruptcies. As a result medical conditions are often caught much sooner in Canada than they are in the US which actually leads to lower overall health care costs and related deaths due to lack of treatment.

In addition drug costs, although not covered for much of the population unless they are under a private plan are cheaper than the cost for equivalent drugs in the US. For example, a person in the US that I know found that they could fly to Canada, see a doctor and have a prescription filled then fly home and still save money over what they would pay for the same medication in the US.

• 4 weeks ago

Better health care. As we don't pay for it directly, we go to the doctors more in Canada, and, overall, it increases our life because of this, on average.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Very different demographics.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Better air, less poverty, healthcare for all.

• 1 month ago

...just a guess, but perhaps the better health care system might have something to do with it?

• 1 month ago

Fewer handguns, probably.

• 1 month ago

I think part of it is that the have better access to preventive health care.  But that wouldn't account for all of it.  Canadians are generally healthier than Americans.  Perhaps another part of it is that they spend more time outdoors.  And I think the air and water are cleaner in Canada.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I guess the fountain of youth is located in a Tim Hortons somewhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.