Can an employer send mean text messages to an employee when the employee is on sick leave due to a delicate health condition?

Documentation was provided to the employer and the employee was covered by sick leave. The text messages were sent at night and reasonable people would believe that could worsen the patient's condition.

• Sally
    Favorite Answer

Then those texts need to be shown to that person's boss.

Yes they can

Source(s):

....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander.

During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union.

I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....

No one's health was ever worsened by a text message. Get over it.