Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

I saw a big bug or small animal run across my room?!?

I live in a shelter unfortunately. I was sitting down and then i see a big bug or some kind of animal practically fly across my room into the vents. It kind of looked like a big cockroach or a small rat and was brown. What could it be?

Some cockroaches can actually fly. Not well, but they do fly but only short distances (a couple yards/meters perhaps). I have seen it. Without a better description of the "brown thing", it is impossible to say, but if it flew, my guess would be a cockroach. For me, there is a huge difference between roach and rat. I would never confuse the one with the other, and they do not move in the same way either. A brief glimpse of something so you cannot even tell if it was a bug or a mammal, is not possible to know what it was. Could be almost anything.

• martin

It may have been what Latinos call a burroto, which is a harmless animal, but moves so fast it's scary. May all your shelter days soon be over.

Don't give location, but two common such life forms are American cockroach, AKA palmetto bug, the other, mouse, a type of rodent.

Actually a couple others could be a large spider or sun spider.

It was a chupacabra!