Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

I saw a big bug or small animal run across my room?!?

I live in a shelter unfortunately. I was sitting down and then i see a big bug or some kind of animal practically fly across my room into the vents. It kind of looked like a big cockroach or a small rat and was brown. What could it be?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Some cockroaches can actually fly. Not well, but they do fly but only short distances (a couple yards/meters perhaps). I have seen it. Without a better description of the "brown thing", it is impossible to say, but if it flew, my guess would be a cockroach. For me, there is a huge difference between roach and rat. I would never confuse the one with the other, and they do not move in the same way either. A brief glimpse of something so you cannot even tell if it was a bug or a mammal, is not possible to know what it was. Could be almost anything.

• martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It may have been what Latinos call a burroto, which is a harmless animal, but moves so fast it's scary. May all your shelter days soon be over.

• 1 month ago

Don't give location, but two common such life forms are American cockroach, AKA palmetto bug, the other, mouse, a type of rodent.

Actually a couple others could be a large spider or sun spider.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It was a chupacabra! 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.