Eric asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 1 month ago

Flights to mexico?

I have a flight to mexico with a 45 min layover in houston . will i need to go through customs or immigration there or will i go through that once arriving in mexico

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Rogue
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you were flying from another country such as Vancouver Canada, you would be checked through by US immigration and customs located at the Vancouver airport, then off to Houston. After arriving in Mexico, you will go through customs again.

If you are flying within the US to Houston, you will only go through security pre flight for Mexico, and customs, immigration in Mexico.

• 1 month ago

You're just transiting in Houston, not entering a new country. You'll go through immigration at the first stop in Mexico. Then you claim your bag. They have a system where you press a button. If it lights up green, you just walk through. If it's red, you go to the side and they search your bag. It's supposed to be random.

• 1 month ago

That would depend on where you are starting your flight, information which you chose to not provide.

As such, no one can guess.

• 1 month ago

Yes you have to go through customs in Houston. Make sure you hide your weed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.