Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 month ago

Will I be able to fly home to the U.S. after brexit? ?

I’m staying in England for 6 months from October 2019 until April 2020. During that time, Brexit is meant to happen and I have been reading up on ways it will effect people and airlines. Will I still be able to return home to the US on time as planned? Also, I have been reading conflicting information as to how long I can stay in the UK without a visa. The majority of people are saying I can stay for 6 months while others are saying 90 days. Which one is it?

• Clive

WTF does Brexit have to do with anything? How long you can stay in the UK is a matter of BRITISH law and nothing to do with the EU. It is currently 6 months and there are no plans for that to change. 90 days relates to Schengen and the UK is not in Schengen.

Nothing will change travel will be the same but you may need a Visa if the EU turns nasty but it will be tit for tat

if the EU decides to introduce travel restriction so will the UK If the EU deny us Duty free then we will Fly to the UK first

i flew into Switzerland from Australia with a litre bottle of Bacardi duty free from Australia the stole it from me saying only 100 Ml i said it was duty free not purchased in the EU so i had my bottle stolen by the Swiss Government never going there again

remember selfish countries do look for revenge and Switzerland is one

What's the USA have to do with Brexit?

• Maxi

A US passport holder can stay up to 6 months in any 12 month period......... Brexit changes nothing at all about your return home

Brexit is the UK leaving the EU.

The US has absolutely nothing to do with it; why do you imagine this would make a difference?

The same rules that apply now will apply next month, and next year.

You can stay in the U.K. for up to 6 months without a visa but you are not allowed to work here. Immigration will want to see your return ticket to the U.S. and proof that you can financially support yourself while in the U.K. - cash, credit cards and possibly a bank statement

You can stay in the UK up to six months without a visa but you cannot work.

Brexit has nothing to do with flights.

American Visa UK: What can you do?

Tourists

While you will not need a visa before you visit the UK for less than six months, it is highly advised that you bring documentation similar to that which you would provide for a visa application. This can include evidence of your flight home and the amount of savings you have to support yourself.

Americans are very common travellers to the UK, but sometimes UK border staff may doubt your intentions in the country and detain you if they feel you pose a risk of absconding. Find out what to do if you’re refused entry to the UK in our complete guide.

• Clive
      1 month agoReport

Why can't you give an answer that is actually relevant to the question that was asked?

Brexit has nothing to do with international travel for people who hold a passport belonging to outside of the UK.

As for length of stay, it would depend on what visa you have.

Americans can visit the U.K. as a tourist and stay for up to six months, no visa required. To stay longer, you'll need to qualify for a visa – family links, established business connections to the U.K.

I don't think so. You will have to stay there for 3 years then you can return.

Source(s): State Department