mark asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

They should make a jet drag race?

They got air plane races but I don't think jet drag races 

Best Answer

Out of the current operational jets it would be a race to the line between the Mig-31 and the F-15 Strike Eagle I guess.

My money is on the Eagle, plus you wouldn't have to replace the engines for the next race.

If you're talking about a race like Reno but in a straight line for jets, I suppose there are people rich enough to field something ex-military. With a few lazy million to spare you could field an F-4 or Mig-21 which would give good accounts of themselves. An EE Lightning would probably be the quickest that could realistically (at a stretch) be fielded - I think there is still an airworthy, or close to airworthy, model in Cape Town.

• mark1 month agoReport

That would be cool sounds like you know your jets so if I was able to make this I would give you a job 

Ridiculous. It wouldn't be a spectator sport because they'd soon be out of sight in any sort of straight-line race.

Source(s): COMMON SENSE. Get some.

They've had jet drag race cars for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhCtOhmEDgo

Youtube thumbnail

• Trump 2020
      1 month agoReport

Just thought I'd throw that in for the benefit of those who never knew about it.