Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Is it sanitary to use the same sheet of foil over and over again to roast veggies in the oven?

Basically I want to make roasted potatoes and carrots in bulk every few days for the family. Can I just cover the oven rack with foil and just leave it there to use over and over again until it rips?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

O it's not................,.................

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I prefer to use a roasting pan for veggies in the oven,or even a cookie sheet as someone already suggested.A pan keeps the oil and veggies from spilling onto the bottom of the oven.I sometimes reuse tin foil as a cover,but not as a surface to roast on.Your choice,of course,but I do think its cleaner and safer in a pan.

• 1 month ago

If you are lining the rack of your oven with foil, not great but that's another thing, in stead of foil get one of the washable grill grate liners. They are intended to go on a grill grate and veggies and other things get cooked directly on the liner so the stuff does not fall through the grate. The liners are washable and are thin and flexible so they can be rolled up and stored.

The problem with cooking directly on a oven shelf with foil or a liner in place is that it does restrict air flow. make sure the entire oven rack is not covered.

• 1 month ago

Would you use the same pan over again without washing it? You can buy a decent cookie sheet for about $15 whereas all but the dollar store, 8 inch by 3ft foil so thin it rips coming out of the package costs about $13.And the pan theoretically lasts forever.

If you are buying the cheap foil for one time use then the problem is solved.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No. That's gross. Just use a baking sheet

• Cara
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I reuse sheets of foil, but always wash them thoroughly after each time. I get two or three, maybe four, uses out of each sheet.

• 1 month ago

You can, but I recommend rinsing it off between each use.

• 1 month ago

it okay bro, just roast it up like how you do! stay away from meat

• 1 month ago

No it will begin to mold and attract gross insects. You should just use a large cookie sheet and wash it when you're done.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Germs and bacteria are destroyed after 100C so unless your cooking below100C your good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.