sarah asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

If I was to go to Italy would I need to learn Italian?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The word NO is a good idea.It will keep you out of trouble and save you a lot of money.

• 1 month ago

Most likely yes. Some Italians are fluent in English but the majority aren't. You'd need to learn Italian if you plan to work or live there for an extended period of time. If you're just a tourist visiting for a few days or weeks I'd say you only need to learn a few useful expressions.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes bìtch everyone must spiek italian

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You would be wise to learn some Italian words and expressions. Simple ideas such as "Please" and "Thank you". If you are going to an area of almost anywhere in Europe which sees a lot of tourists you can be sure that quite a lot of people will understand English if you speak slowly and clearly. But they will warm to you if they see that you have made some effort to learn their language.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

As a tourist in ANY country it's only sensible (and polite) to learn some basic phrases such as Hello, Goodbye, Please, Thank you, Do you speak English?, Where is the American [British, German, Peruvian, whatever] Embassy?, Please call the police, How much is that? and HELP!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ya , because in Italy no one speaks English, they speak only dimming and bj

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not if you want to be a mere tourist

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Absolutely.

• 1 month ago

If you WERE to go to Italy for how long? It depends.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

For a one week vacation? Probably not, although it would help. These days, your smart phone can translate a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9pkGZL1-os

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.