Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How to politely tell neighbors or others they cannot come in the house?

I have a neighbor that invites herself over. She will basically say something like "Lets to to your house because I want to tell you something" or she'll show up at the door and say "I need to come in to talk to you." It's extremely annoying and I don't have time for the none sense she tells me. It's always something really stupid. Can I just say "No, if you need to say something say it here, you can't come in?"

• Lita
    Best Answer

Talking here is fine. I'd rather not have anyone inside.

• Foofa

Just say, "I'm right in the middle of something so tell me quickly".

"No, we can speak right here"...is about as polite as I'd be..this woman doesn't understand boundaries so I don't think you can be too subtle with her.

"Sorry, I'm really busy, can't you just tell me right now? No? Sorry, it'll have to wait then. Bye!"

tell them to get the hell away from your damn door!

or, something like that

Hahahah get a dog to bite her lmao just kidding

just tell her you dont have time to talk

Absolutely. It's YOUR house, and YOUR time, and if you do not wish to have anyone over, regardless of why, that is YOUR sole right to decide.

Just tell her 'I'm really busy in the house and I have no time to chat now.', then go inside and close the door. Do this regularly and she'll get the hint.

Just stop answering the door.