Red Pizza sauce has white stuff on it? is it safe to eat?

i bought pizza sauce 2 months ago used some and put the rest in the fridge. i wanted to use it today but there is some white stuff on it in 1 spot and around the jar. o ya and u can see its on the top of the thing u twist off too. I dont know what it is?

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Will
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

    Looks like mold. I would most definitely toss it.

  • 1 month ago

    the white stuff is mold.

    toss it

  • 1 month ago

    Next time try heating it up to boiling once per day until you're going to eat it. It's hard work but if you're worried about the mice taking out your freezer, it's worth it.

  • Disgusting ohh vomit a locus

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    I'm not going to eat something that's been in the refrigerator for that length of time it could have botulism in it

    • ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

      actually, botulism needs an airless environment to grow so that wouldn't happen with an opened jar of anything.

  • 1 month ago

    It is likely mold.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    if youre not sure i wouldnt eat it

  • 1 month ago

    No, that's mold. Throw it out.

  • 1 month ago

    I would pitch it, it's mold .

  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    2 Months is too long to leave in the jar [ in the fridge ] once its been opened, it needs using within a week at least!.

    The white spots are the beginnings of mould throw it out!. When opening a new jar, if your'e not going to use the rest within a few days, you can put it in a plastic bag or lidded tub, then pop it in the freezer until you need it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.