Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

I wrecked my mom's rental car, what should I do?

My mom have me permission to use her rental car since mine was on the shop, I only used it to run errands for her. Anyway yesterday she sent me to the grocery store and on my way back I some idiot ran a red light and crashed into the side of me. I am very upset because I have no insurance and I'm going to be in big trouble. What should I do, I am very scared. 

• g

Believe me should not be as scared as your mother should be.

Because your mother allowed an unauthorized driver to drive her rental vehicle she is know 100% liable and responsible for all damage costs you cause.

Not sure which one of you is the bigger idiot.  

• May

You and Mom should be prepared to pay out of pocket for all damages. You MUST be listed and authorized to drive a rental car and if you are not, insurance won't pay.

You don't need to do anything. Your mother will need to pay for all damages out of pocket.

Unless your name is listed as a driver on the rental agreement your mother does not have the authority to allow you to drive a rental car.

She will be in trouble for allowing someone not on the rental agreement to drive.

• bo

mom's in trouble. she's now on the tab for paying for the car her insurance won't pay for it. rental company will be going after her for the cost

• Scott

Unless the rental company authorized you to drive the car, your mom is going to be liable for the damage to the rental car. You will be financially responsible for the damage to the other car if you were at fault. Btw, your mom can't "authorize" you to drive her rental car, only the car rental company can do that.

• Ron

That's not the only thing of your mom's that's been wrecked

Runaway Sparky!

Your Mom is in BIG trouble since she violated her contract with the rental company.

Not true, Bonzola. If your mom actually rented a car, she signed a contract; no drivers under 21 and several other specifications. And, you have spammed this before.