Raymond L. asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

If u own a dog and that dog knocks up another dog could you be held liable for doggy child support?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Boy! That is a big IF. I wouldn't own a dog capable to reproducing. But no, you are not held responsible. One or the other or both were where they shouldn't have been.

• 1 month ago

No. Even if this was remotely possible (puppy support), which it's NOT, it's up to YOU to keep your dog properly contained so he can't get out to be siring unwanted litters. And if that's not possible, get him castrated.

Theoretically you could ask the owner of the b itch for a stud fee - but I'd love to be there when you try that!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Knocks up"? How old are you, 12?

• 1 month ago

If the b*tch was a purebred dog that they had planned on breeding this heat to produce purebred pups, you could be held liable for the losses of profit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Only if the [b i t c h] forces the issue.

• 1 month ago

In this ridiculous PC world where everything that moves can be monetized and litigated, you probably could. Though dogs are still regarded as property and your dog would maybe have 'damaged' the other one.

In the real pet dog world though, only an idiot owner lets a dog that's in season out and about off leash.

• Land-shark
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yes, the perennial dog-only-being-a-dog logical fallacy that supposedly works two ways. If they're not in season then there simply won't be any puppies. I've never left intact females that are in season where unwanted dogs can get to them, and certainly would never knowingly walk one in the park.

• patty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

yes make the dog pay for it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.