My daughter showed me a text from her father, making disparaging remarks about me can I use this in court ? He bought the phone for her.?

Who owns the phone is legally irrelevant.

Proving he sent the texts is the issue. How do I know your daughter didn't send them from his phone?

I have no idea where anyone else went to law school.

Yes, but there are other factors such as the age of the child, the status of your relationship (married/not married/divorced/separated), custody and visitation agreements.

Such behavior is called Attempted Alienation of Affection and people HAVE lost custody and/or visitation due to this behavior. Who purchased the phone is immaterial. Safeguard the messages and, yes, they are admissible.

• STEVEN F
      1 month agoReport

We all went to law school the same place you did. TV and social media.

• Dze

court for what .. theyre going to mandate you both go to 'be nice' parenting classes as part of the standard procedure .. nobody cares about your bickering really, its understood when you go to court you hate each other .. unless its really damaging its a nothing burger ..

And how many times have YOU called him a POS ?

It depend of the context of the message and the age of the child.