I have a solid blue wire only coming from the back of my stereo. Volume is low ware to put the blue wire?

• Phil M

Blue wire from radio is usually a power wire for a powered antenna. Some cars had an antenna that would pop up out of the fender when the radio was turned on. This is the wire that would power that. It could also be used to turn on a power amp. Without a power amp, it would have nothing to do with speaker volume.

• don r

The color code diagram in a repair manual will tell what all the wires in the dash are for. As for the radio, you need to look that up according to the particular radio.....and none of us can guess what radio you have, or car you have. Not all color codes are the same.

• Mandy

“Ware”? Stop it. Just stop.

If your stereo is also a radio it may be an antenna or a ground wire. Try repositioning it and see what happens. You can also just try to attach it to the screw on an electrical outlet to ground it.

• spacemissing
      1 week agoReport

I hope the number of negative votes you're getting here tells you something of value!