Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

I live with my parents. I have 2 yrs with my bf. I decided to lose my virginity with him. I did it in his apartment. ?

My parents are mad that I lost my virginity. We used protection. My bf is a good person and my parents can't understand that what I did wasn't wrong. They want me to have sex when we got engaged because my mom says that he earns it by giving a ring. And that we abused their confidence by going to his apartment and losing my virginity. Now who is right me or my parents?

Im 20 yrs old.My parents are mad that I lost my virginity. We used protection. My bf is a good person and my parents can't understand that what I did wasn't wrong. They want me to have sex when we got engaged because my mom says that he earns it by giving a ring. That I need to be engaged to lose my virginity or at least after I graduate college. And that we abused their confidence by going to his apartment and losing my virginity. Now who is right me or my parents?

0

Favorite Answer

You probably although it also depends on how long you’ve known him and how old you are but it’s actaully a good thing to have sex before marriage. So your parents are wrong about that.

• Arleny2 months agoReport

Ive known him since I was about 15 . We’ve been together since I was 17 with my parents consent. And I’m 20 right now about to be 21 

This is NOT the day and age to be earning sex there's a thing called tinder lol. If you're underage hell yeah you're in trouble and id kick your bfs ****

• LizB

Why are your parents involved in your sex life at all? You're an adult woman, it's none of their business.

You don't mention your age, you don't tell us WHY you felt the need to tell your folks you'd had sex... so, really, how can we know? We don't know if you're 15 or 22. I never considered my sex life (or lack thereof) my parents business at all.. but then, I was 19 when I started having sex. How old are you?

Since you asked me... I'd say that your Mom saying your virginity should have been purchased by an engagement ring is disgusting and insinuates sex for sale.

• Arleny2 months agoReport

She feels like giving up my virginity is only worth it after I get engaged. Since he’ll supposingly be the one since I’ll by being engaged I’ll be getting married.thanks for the advise. I’m almost finish with college so I can have a secure a job to leave and pay my own rent 

• g

Why did you discuss your sex life with your parents at all? That's really no one's business but yours.

• Arleny2 months agoReport

No because they are not understaning. They have an old fashion approach and never try understanding me. Here I can just ask and see anyones opinion or advice

im 20 years old. Ive known him since 15 and we have been together since I was 17

You forgot to mention your age. But anyway, how did they know you had sex with him, it's not something one usually tells their parents because it's a private and personal matter between you and your partner. Your parents have an old fashioned attitude and should not expect their child to live to their dated expectations.

• Arleny2 months agoReport

Im 20 years old and Im a junior in college

• Lisa A

You parents wanted to sell your virginity for a ring. Really moral people you have there. Generally, we call people like that "pimps"

• Arleny2 months agoReport

they said that I should have valued myself and waited until i got a ring (engaged) or maybe married to lose my virginity

• Brian

You probably wouldn't know if you would even want a ring from him without trying him out first. I think you were right here.