Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

I have 3 days to register my akc puppy. what if the 3rd day is a Sunday?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just fill out the paperwork, write a check and send it in. I'm sure things will be registered as soon as they get the papers and the check for registration.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I was given two weeks for registration transfer. Breeders often recommend taking the puppy to a vet within 3 days after bringing it home. Perhaps you got those number mixed up. 

• 1 month ago

I assume you are talking about transferring the puppy into your name - presumably the breeder did the registration with the AKC. In that case, I don't see what having 3 days to do this means ..... presumably if there is a time-scale, which I doubt, it would mean 3 WORKING days.

I would just add that many times, the people who bought a puppy from us didn't bother to do a transfer into their name even if I always signed the Transfer part of the Registration paperwork so they could. I often wonder how many remained in my name only, over the years.

• 1 month ago

I don't know that much about registering dogs or any other animals. So I just googled your question. I guess this is the most important stuff about registering a dog.

For you to be asking this question, I know you got your dog from a BYBer & not a reputable breeder. You do not have to register the dog at all. You have no intentions of breeding the dog so there is no need to register it any way. It is a pet quality dog & not meant to be bred.

I would not bother with a registration, it is nothing but a piece of paper & that means nothing for a dog from a BYBer.

If you know anything about Poodles you know they have a very curly coat, right? Back in the day when I was dog grooming, I got this poodle in & it had a STRAIGHT coat but the owner swore it was a registered Poodle. A BYBer put the screws to those people.

Google your question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Three days from when? Why would it matter?

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Business days are Mon - Fri so you have 3 business days

• patty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

they may mean 3 business days

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I guess you're out of luck.

• 1 month ago

maybe you should register him on a friday

• 1 month ago

I'm quite certain they'll either store the registration and process it on the next business day, or they mean three business days.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.