Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

My brother won’t speak to me?? (Help!)?

To put things into perspective, my brother is 33 and I am 19. My brother often jumps into relationships quickly. In his latest break up, he asked me to return some of her valuables back to her. When I asked him why he couldn’t do it, he proceeded to make up some excuse about how I live closer to her.   

I told him I did not want to do it because it makes me uncomfortable (the last time I did this for him, his ex was crying in my arms and screaming at me for answers as to why he dumped her). This ex lives 5 minutes from his home, and he still asked me to go do this while I was in town for my birthday.   

After I explained why I don’t want to be involved, he blew up at me and told me I was unloyal. He also said we weren’t really “family” and unfollowed me on instagram. His position is that since he co-signed a car for me 6 months ago (the payments are extremely low), I should have his back. It should be noted that I haven never missed a payment or been late.   

How do I resolve this? He refuses to speak to me, and honestly I just want to move on from this situation.

• Brian

Force him to do it himself. He didn't have you hook them up to begin with so there's no reason on earth you should have to clean up his messes either. If he can't deal with break ups he shouldn't get involved to begin with.

He's a man child. You were right to tell him to do his own dirty work. Give him time to realise he's at fault and you're not a pushover anymore and wait until he contacts you.