Do you like the name Eldar?

It's a Caucasus region name (Chechen or Dagestani), possibly derived from an Arabic language name, but it has a very Middle Earth or European fantasy feel to it. I really like it a lot. It makes me thing of the forest.. like a wizard of the forest or something. What do you think of it?

*think.

I think it is just such a badazz name. All the people with this name are MMA fighters. Like Eldar Eldarov, Eldar Efigaev, Eldar Okhov, Eldar Mamedov, etc..

• John P
    Best Answer

No, I do not like it.

• Violet

I like it. I think it works as a surname, and maybe even a middle name, but not as a first name. A kid would be mocked for it, especially if he's the eldest child. "Do you have a little brother named Youngar?" is going to get really tiring after a while.

Not heard of this one before I have to admit but the more I say it to myself, the more I really like it.

Weird weird weird

• denise

Yes, it does sound 'Mythical' and its similar to 'Elgar' the composer/musician.

I do like the name.

Yes it is a perfect princessy style name

It's okay especially if that's your heritage.

It's a very pretty name🌷🌹🌷🌹

yes, i think its a nice name

• Byrd

What difference does it make what I think