Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Who was better Magic Johnson or Larry Bird?

that's what their long term rivalry was about, wasn't it?

• ?

Nether.............

I am a Michigan State fan so I might be bias but I think Magic was better. He was more dominant, and could take over a game while not having to score a ton of points like Bird. He is arguably the best passing PG and hands down the best rebounder at the point guard position. He knew how to get his teams going and really control the tempo.

Magic was better one-on-one; Bird was better at assists and generally enabling his teammates.

What is better, a fine French wine or a really amazing craft beer? Perhaps you have a strong opinion one way or the other. Personally I am content to let them both be amazing in their own way... 

They were both great players but Bird was better. More clutch, better rebounder, as good of a defender and a better scorer. Not by much though. It was an intense rivalry both in College and the Pros.

Larry Bird hands down!