Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Am I overreacting about my dad neglecting his cat?

My dad recently moved into a house, and he soon realized the owners left a cat behind. My dad started feeding it, so it shows up every so often to eat. I doubt the cat has ever been to the vet. So I mentioned that to my dad. I asked what if it might be in pain from some disease, and its dying. He said things fie everyday, and that's the why of life. I said well you can do something about it. Take it to the vet. And make sure it's alright. He told me it's not my cat, so dont worry about it. He said its having a good life so he just let's it do it's own thing. I asked what her eoild do if it came in his yard and look all skin. And bone with sores all over it. He said hed deal with the situation when it happened, but hes not gonna worry about it now, as long as it looked relatively healthy. He said if it worries me so much that I can take it to the humane society. He said he doesnt even really care to have it around, but he felt bad so he started feeding it. Am I worrying too much. Or is it okay to let this cat live such a dangerous life?

Sorry for all the spelling errors.

No, you are right. The cat is neglected. But it's a cat and it doesn't care about being sick or dirty. I've seen feral cats that were in terrible shape but that was the life they were used to and so long as they were alive and fed, they were content. They didn't want to live in a house or sit on laps and be petted. Your dad is also correct in that if this bothers you so much, take the cat to the Humane Society and let them deal with it.

Its not his cat. he STOLE it. Since the cat is stolen and neither of you own it, you need to call AC or a rescue and have them take the cat.

• Nicholas1 month agoReport

He stole it? You ******* kidding me? The owners left it behind, and he was kind enough t feed it.

The cat probably has caught mange the best help that you could do for the cat is to get some ivermectin and read up on the Internet how much to slip into the cat's food to kill the mange.

Your dad is right. If you're so unhappy about what he's doing with this cat he didn't choose to have around, then do something about it yourself.

I dont see a problem with this arrangement. Atleast he is showing it some compassion and giving it food. As he said, its not his cat anyway. If you are concerned about its health then there would be nothing wrong taking it to the humane society like you suggested.

• Nicholas1 month agoReport

Sorry, this is what he said. "Its not your cat, so dont worry about it" also, I think it is legally his cat since he chose to start feeding it.

either take the cat from him or call rspca