Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

I am an extremely tomboyish girl, will I ever get a boyfriend?

Hey, I just got into college and I am 17. In high school, I used to be considered a gothbabe, I had long turquoise hair, and wore black clothing, a big friend of mine had a crush on me at the time. As time went on I decided to change my appearance because I never felt comfortable in a traditionally female aesthetic. I started having a typical boy haircut, wearing man fitting black clothes, my style being basically what is now considered the "skater boy" aesthetic/style. I had a boyfriend in junior year but I broke up with him because I simply lost interest and sadly didn't love him anymore. Throughout high school I made out with some people and all, but nothing serious. For the record, I am 5'10, have small breasts, short brown hair and brown eyes. My friends are mostly guys, due to my interests and all, but I just think I might never have a boyfriend again, because of my appearance. But I don't want to change the way I am just for the sake of getting a boyfriend. I am probably worrying over nothing, and I am just a dumb 17 yo. 

At 17, I dated up a storm, was a tomboy, refused to have an "official" boyfriend and wasn't going to be fooled into pretending I was in love or have sex ...even with the three guys I dated all the way through school. I didn't WANT to have sex until I was 19 and felt in charge of myself mentally and emotionally to the point I could really trust my choices and my ability to provide my own safety.

I changed nothing about myself. All that happened is that, once I was willing to have a "real boyfriend"... I began to notice that there were available candidates for the position.

• Brian

If you change for someone else, odds are, you're not going to end up happy. I put my gf's happiness ahead of my own, but her being happy makes me happy, and she never takes advantage of that.

no. but with your boyish butch looks you should easily find a girlfriend.