Is gluttony a sin if you're not fat?

I won't be friends with a glutton

My idea is it's wrong to eat out every day with all the people in Africa who are starving to death

I don't have any pleasure obsessed friends

My friends are focused on their families and their religion and their jobs

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

God’s Word condemns both drunkenness and gluttony as behavior that is incompatible with serving God.

Therefore, the Christian congregation regards a confirmed glutton in the same manner as it views a habitual drunkard. Neither a drunkard nor a glutton can be part of the Christian congregation.

Proverbs 23:20, 21

obesity may be a sign of gluttony, but that is not always the case. One’s being overweight may be the result of an ailment.

Hereditary factors may also contribute to obesity. We should also keep in mind that obesity is a physical condition, while gluttony is a mental attitude.

gluttony is not determined by someone’s size but by his attitude toward food. A person may be of normal size or may even be thin and yet be a glutton.

• Jake
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It's still a sin to gluttonize even if one isn't fat. A person can battle gluttony and other sins using the rosary and fasting.

• 1 month ago

Gluttony is a sin no matter what you weigh.

• 1 month ago

yes, however there is probable reasons why a skinny person doesn't gain weight which is a higher metabolism and a person who is not lazy or slothful. and yet if a person eats too much of the wrong foods there are heart attacks and arterial blockage and pancreas failure and even diabetes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Careful. If you judge others and do the same things, you are condemning yourself.

• Otto
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sin is anything not in harmony with God's standards, ways,and will.

Source(s): Bible
  • yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes.

• Did somebody tell you that we gave a fΓΊck?

• choko_canyon
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Breakthrough does not legitimate reasons to ask her non-questions. She's not a thinker.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.