Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Is there such a thing as a religion where a family doesn’t attend their in-laws’ occasions?

For example, if a guy throws himself a birthday party, and his wife comes, but not her parents, siblings, etc.  in addition, when his mother died, his wife came to the funeral, but not her family.  Keep in mind he gets along with his in-laws, and vice versa.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Throw better parties. Make people want to attend. People don't need a religious excuse to avoid accepting an invitation to a boring party. They probably just claimed a religious reason to avoid potentially offending you.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes. Jehovah Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays. They don't celebrate Christmas, Easter, New Years, Thanksgiving or any national holiday. They DO celebrate weddings and wedding and baby showers. So if the in-laws have a get-together to celebrate a birthday, they won't be attending it.

There is no religion that I know of which prohibits a person from attending a funeral. I would say that the people who don't honor their in-laws or other relatives lack in common social decency.

• 2 months ago

Noclue what that means

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't think most religions even address that question. It's more a question of a society's overall culture and the individual families' preferences, as well as how far the members of the family live from each other, etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There are many reasons why people don't go to in-laws’ occasions. Religion rarely is a factor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.