Why do I have so many numbers to answer post throughout the day?

I just seen that I’ve got like five posts left to answer for the day why is that I don’t understand why I only have limited times to answer on here

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because thats what the Limit is Based on the Level that your on that may be how many you have Left

It will Reset again for the Next day at 8:00 Pm PST Pacific Standard Time

You dont have to go up to the Limit If you dont want to

Lv 7
    1 month ago

New users (lower level users) have very limited posting ability, to reduce the amount of damage and spam that can be done by a new account. Even so, last year when we were hit by multiple spam bot attacks, the site was nearly drowned in spam posts by automated bots that were able to quickly create new accounts when they'd maxed out their posting ability for the day.

As you level up (up to Level 4) you can ask and answer more questions each YA day. That's a perk that is to encourage users to continue using the site (to reach the next level, where they can participate more). It's not difficult at all to get to Level 2 (https://answers.yahoo.com/info/scoring_system) which is 250 pts, and allows you to double the # of questions you can ask daily, and quadruple the # of answers you can post daily.

You can hit Level 2 in 12 days if all you do is login and answer the max# of questions allowed. The more questions you post, the longer it will take since you lose pts for posting questions. If you give quality answers and are awarded Best Answer, you get 10 or more pts, which can make your trip to level 2 go even faster.

• 1 month ago

As a level 1, you can answer 20 questions per Yahoo day. Your start and end times depend on where you live. On the east coast now it starts from 8 pm until 8 pm the next day.

• 1 month ago

You can answer only 20 questions per Yahoo "day" at account level 1.  The  Yahoo  "day" ends and begins at midnight UTC, NOT midnight in YOUR time zone. In the United States, which is still observing daylight saving time until November 2 except  in Arizona and the Pacific ocean, that is 7 pm EDT, 7 pm CDT, 6 pm MDT and 5pm.PDT. 

I will have to look up when the UK goes off British summer time, but that probably is in 2 weeks.  

No one is forcing you to participate on YA, but you have to EARN the right to answer more questions per Yahoo "day" by answering questions and choosing best answers to your questions after 1 hour or 1 or more answers that not your own answer.  

YA is supposed to have a STRICT question answer format. There is NO rule that you have to respond to people's answers. YA is not a chat forum, message board, debate forum or gossip column.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Take a look at https://answers.yahoo.com/info/scoring_system

As you see, as a level 1 your can only ask 5 question or answer 20 in a 24 hour period. As you move up in level it increases.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
  • 1 month ago

Because you are level 1 so you can only answer 20 per day, Get to level 2 which is pretty easy and you can answer 80 a day.

This is probably to stop trolls and spammers from spamming the site.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.