Edges of nation?

What does the edge of a nation mean? 

• RE

The physical edges of a nation are the peripheral boundaries with other countries or with bodies of water. In modern times they are no more dangerous than the interior of the nation.

• Not always true. Would you like to be standing out in the open a couple of kilometers inside Syria near the Turkish border right this minute? Or would you like to try walking across the Korean DMZ? Didn't think so.

Fringes of society as homosexuality was at one time, Catholics have been on the fringes of society many times, gypsies, some religious sects, biker gangs, etc.

• Not in the context this person is referring to, although you couldn't know that unless you'd seen her previous question. The question has to do with a book about actual political boundaries between nations, not about marginalized social groups.

The border with another country. I explained all this when I answered your previous question.

• Henry

I don't think there are any. Not unless they build that wall.

• LOL I hope Trump confiscates YOUR property to build it on. He already ordered his minions to steal people's land whether or not it's legal.