Is it normal for intercourse to be painful? ?

Hello, 

I'm a 28 year old female. I have a personal question and need to know if this is normal or abnormal. If I have sex a few times a week there's no pain, however my new boyfriend likes to have sex 4-6 times a day. The opening gets extremely sore and I experience a lot of pain in the first few minutes of penetration. Sometimes it's so bad I can't get through the pain and have to stop. I do not have an STD, I've been tested already. Is it normal for the vagina to get extremely painful having sex that frequently? 

Best Answer

It is possible that you are not staying moist enough for that much sex.  If you lack the correct amount of natural lubrication, then you can become irritated and raw down there from too much sex.

Try adding a lube intended for sexual contact.  K-Y jelly or Astro-Glide are two examples of lubricants made for sexual contact that would be safe for you.  Using the wrong kind of lube could increase  your irritation.  (Don't use lotions not intended for sex.)

• Zirp

It shouldn't be painful.

Do YOU want it that often? Either your boyfriend is on drugs or he needs more than one sexpartner

4-6 x a day is excessive..........move on