How can I make salty popcorn sweeter? ?

Someone bought me a load of ready made salted popcorn but I can't stand it. I don't want to throw it out as it really is quite a lot and I quite like sweet and salty popcorn. Is there any way to add sugar to ready made popcorn? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Make a caramel and drizzle it on the pop corn, place it on a sheet pan and bake it for a few minutes to dry the caramel.

Look up recipes for caramel popcorn the saltiness will go well with the caramel

• Thank you! I made a caramel and poured it over the popcorn in a big bowl then mixed like mad with a rubber spatula before it set. Didn't even need to put it in the oven, just waited for it to cool and it was all crunchy and delicious just like toffee popcorn!!

• 4 weeks ago

Add sugar. It'll basically turn into kettle corn

• 1 month ago

Friend if somebody gave you one of them humongous bags of movie theater popcorn which is usually too darn salty. I'll tell you something that you can do with it. Look up a recipe on the internet on how to make popcorn balls with caramel! That sounds exactly like what you're looking for you can use all that overly salted popcorn to make caramel popcorn balls.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Melt some butter in a pan, add some treacle or maple syrup [ maybe half + half ], stir well, cool slightly then pour over the popcorn in a heatproof bowl, mix around, and you should have a nice tasting popcorn.

Sort of salted caramel buttery sweet popcorn! Enjoy!

Keep some wet wipes handy!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Drizzle some chocolate or caramel sauce over the popcorn, the kind you buy to put on ice cream and stuff. Another thing I like to do with popcorn is buy chocolate sauce that hardens on ice cream; I put it on the popcorn and put it in the fridge. These are both really good and tone down the salt.

• 1 month ago

I don't see why not. Powdered sugar may stick better. You can lighten the salt by just mixing in unsalted popcorn.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.