Carson asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I need help with quitting boy scouts.?

I haven't been in scouts long. I just started recently, but i'm already really wanting to quit. I'm not even in the tenderfoot rank yet. I read over all the requirements for each rank, and it is just too much stuff for me. I have asked my parents many times to quit, but they just won't let me, because my dad was an eagle scout. I have started getting depressed because of it. The work is too much because I am not very social, so my brain and body can't do any work that requires talking to people. My brain also can't focus very good. I will keep asking my parents, but I need a very good reason that will convince them.

Can somebody tell me a good excuse for quitting scouts

And I also hate the meetings and camp outs. The meetings are boring and useless, same for the camping trips. The people in my troop are also bad. They are all weird and my older brother is in the troop, too, and he has friends that bully me every time.

Actually I just realized that i'm not even in the scout rank.

• audrey

Tell them it's interfereing with your school work and you need that time to study.

• justin

tell them about ur depression and if they don't like the fact that ur depressed ur parents suck. u deserve better.

• marty

Have your parents read this question exactly as you wrote it. You may not be able to talk with them right, but you did a great job writing it down. Good luck.