I need my mail that's on my old desk top to be on my new laptop?

• Lv 7

so go to the website and login. what's the problem?

Remember your password and open it your new laptop.

Google how to do it.

if the mail server doesn't do this automatically, hire a technician to move it -- and everything else you want from your old machine

First, we need to know how you got to your mail. Did you use a program such as Outlook or was it an internet type email such as Yahoo or Hotmail?

Internet mail is still where you left it. Just put in the address in your browser, and log in as usual, all your emails are still there, just as you left them.

Outlook and other email programs can be set to leave the email on the server, but many set their email to download the emails and delete them off the server. If your email was left on the server, it's still there, you need only log into it. If it was downloaded, then yes, it's still on the old desktop and the ONLY way to get them is to find the right database of emails on the old computer and copy them over to the new computer. (The location and name of the file are again dependent on which program you use and having it installed on the new computer.)

• ..

Sign in as before. Yahoo mail is stored on their server, not your devices.

It is not on your old desk top.

It is remembered by an email server you use an internet browser to access.