Is LeBron James and the NBA less woke than we thought?

To answer your question specifically, yes I think it's disappointing that the NBA in general and LeBron in particular have decided to actively kneel in submission on this matter. I'd have rather they'd have said absolutely NOTHING about the matter than to have behaved the way they have on this issue.

That said, people who are old enough to remember back when Michael Jordan played and the market for basketball shoes and endorsements first erupted know that since that time, the biggest NBA stars (like Jordan, and now apparently LeBron) have been pretty reluctant to take major stands of any kind off the basketball court if that stand also has the potential to cost them a lot of endorsement money. Michael Jordan's unwillingness to take stands on major social issues that he definitely COULD have influenced/helped had he wanted to (at the expense of potentially costing himself a metric F-ton of future endorsement money, of course...) is almost as legendary as Jordan's exploits on the court were. There's a long precedent of the NBA and it's biggest stars choosing their fortune over all else. The way the NBA and LeBron are behaving on this matter is nothing new.

I think so......