If humans hadn't 'invented' words and language, wouldn't we be much much happier?

(It's just that I went past a field of goats in the pouring rain earlier and not one of them was moaning. If the were no words there'd be language, no language = no thoughts, no thoughts - no opinions, no opinions - no arguments, no arguments = no wars, No 'me' or 'you'. 'I' is just a vertical line, hardly a shape. If there's no 'I', well...?!

I'm not sure we even exist anymore, and, if we do, we make ourselves sound a lot more important than we are. For the recoded, no I'm not stoned.

If we never invented any sort of language or communication that would also mean no future generations

Language doesn't create images, which is what you're referring to.

It's the dilemma of having no images that makes everything and the creator of images disappear. That's good for the creator because all that would be left is existence, which is the end goal of Everything.

But you are just one drop in an infinite ocean of drops that continually create images. It's an illusion that disappears with the images, which is what's supposed to happen, only it's still real to all the other drops and will be forever.

If we never invented any sort of language or communication that would also mean no future generations.

Add to this "no thoughts = no science", "no medicine", "no technology", "no cars", "no farming (which takes cooperation which requires language). Sound right?

• P

We'd probably already be extinct, and you could add a lot more "no"s to your list if not. Language supports our position as dominant species on this planet and is entirely responsible for our position off it

It seems difficult to predict. Things would be very different. Different in ways that would be difficult to predict.

• peter m
      1 month agoReport

…. (typically called CRITICALLY RATIONAL thinking&acting behaviour as exhibited within high-grade-thought LIKE Philosophy for example. As just 1 example I may add)..

• j153e

Recommend these collections of words, thoughts, and feelings:

"The Path of Silence;"

"Ineffability: The Failure of Words in Philosophy and Religion."

p.s.

"Mindful Silence: The Heart of Christian Contemplation;"

"Silence: The Power of Quiet in a World Full of Noise."

• Duncan1 month agoReport

Ooooo thanks very much, I will check them out.

Seeing how content a cat can be just lying on a pillow is enough to make you want to be a cat, happy, carefree and able to relax and sleep as much as you want. Yes, there is happiness to be gained from such primal pleasures, but humans have experienced an entirely new form of pleasure, knowledge. Philosophy is uniquely human. It is the love of knowledge, the love of wisdom. Humans are the only known species which learns for the sake of learning. Why? Because of the satisfaction curiosity brings when it is fulfilled. That is a happiness only humans know, and words and language are the tools required to fulfilling it. In other words, words and language bring their own form of happiness.

• Sa1 month agoReport

I will ask questions if I have questions. I hope you will see my questions and answer them. I will choose your best answer.

Yes ... since telepathy probably works better.

• John

Until the goat goes into the fire pit for some slow, all day cooking. Good with rice and beans.

• Duncan1 month agoReport

Sure, he/she would scream out in pain, but moan about it? Goats don't know what moaning is, or if they do, they're above it.