Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

Ear piercing infectiom?

So I've had my ear lobes pierced before but about a year ago I got a second piercing on my earlobes. I followed the instructions for cleaning very seriously and my left ear ended up with an infection. I took antibiotics and took the piercing out like the doctor instructed. After it healed completely and several months later I tried again, I went to a clean tattoo parlor to get the piercing and now when I took the piercing out after feeling the burning sensation for more than I should've I saw I had the same infection bubble I did before when I got it the first time. I cleaned as I was directed so I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm just not meant to have a second ear lobe piercing :(

• kelvin

A keloid (key-loid) is a type of raised scar. Unlike other raised scars, keloids grow much larger than the wound that caused the scar. Not everyone who gets a scar will develop a keloid. If you have keloid-prone skin, however, anything that can cause a scar may lead to a keloid and it's not an infection