What is the most meaningful book you have ever read? What is the most meaningful song you have ever listened too?

Mine is I'll Give you the sun, a book about tragedy and loss, and trying to get throgh it. The most meangful song is 888

• The growing tree. Saddest book ever .

• Andrew

When you've read three books, it's pretty easy to select one as being more "meaningful" than the others. When you've read 300 books or 3,000 books, selecting a single one as being more "meaningful" than all of the others becomes a much more difficult task. The same logic applies to songs. I've been alive for a while now. I've read heaps of books and I've listened to a staggering number of songs. The books and songs I'd list as meaningful would qualify because they meant something to me personally at a certain time in my life. But when you've lived from childhood to adolescence to adulthood, your concept of what's meaningful tends to change with the times. Asking me at 30, I'm going to give a different answer than I would at 20, or at 10. if I were to ask you about the book you mention in your question in 20 years you'll likely have forgotten the title by then. It means something to you now because of your present mood or state of mind or the conditions of your life right at this moment. All of that will change, and keep changing forever.

*to, not "too."

• Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

interesting answer & interesting point

• j153e

The Path of the Higher Self is pretty good.

I read a YA book called Call Me Alastair which is about two parrots, but really suprised me by how meaningful it was by the end. It had a happy ending, but made me cry and really appreciate things more. For song, I'd probably say King by Lauren Aquilina or Praying by Kesha.