Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why can't I maintain my goal weight?

3 days ago I hit my goal weight of 145 pounds (I'm a 5'6" woman). So I switched my calorie tracker to "maintainance" mode, which allowed me to have 2,000 calories per day. I have still been doing 30 minute full body workouts and at least 30 minutes of walking daily, but when I stepped on the scale this morning my weight was at 147 pounds even before eating anything. Any advice? Is this normal? Thanks!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Body weight can vary 2 pounds easily by hydration and what's in your stomach and intestines .

Additionally , the body develops what is similar to a thermostat . That thermostat will try to maintain what has been your constant weight . It can take months at your new weight for that thermostat to reset .

• 1 month ago

Yes, obsessing over the scale for no reason except sabotaging yourself is far too normal and why most people are big fat funks. Is there a reason you gained 2 pounds? Yes, god hates you. What can you do about it? Use it to give up and get fatter...

...or, take the 1 step forward, 2 pounds back and keep walking. In all reality, you said you started eating more again because the phone app with a 70% accuracy rate told you to and then you got fat. The lesson here is don't put all your faith in the phone.

• Morgan1 month agoReport

No, the reason people are fat is usually due to an underlying problem that causes them to binge eat because they are depressed. Fortunately I don't have this problem and weighing out your food and entering it into an app is 100% more accurate than me guessing...gaining 2 pounds doesnt make me fat.

• 1 month ago

1. Your body weight fluctuates 1-3 lbs daily, don't worry.

2. Maybe the 2000 calories is a little too much.

• Logan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Short term changes in weight have nothing to do with gaining or losing fat. You could weigh same time every day and then compare running 7 day averages. Would be easy to do on a spreadsheet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Remember to only weigh yourself once a week, and for women, take into account your normal changes.

It could be an increase of muscle mass as well as water, and not true weight gain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.